A5 Fuel Consumption

Robbis

Good afternoon.

I recently purchased a 2012 Audi A5 Quattro, Black Edition, 2.0TDI, manual, with 9000 miles on the clock. Audi claims a combined mpg of 55.4, for this model, and although I know these figures to be generous, my car is averaging 34.6 mpg, whatever the driving conditions and type of driving I do. My commute is a mix of dual carriageway and A roads, and still I am only getting the above figure. Does anybody have any advice, or are people with the same vehicle getting  a similar mpg figure?

Many thanks in anticipation!  :)

Steve

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have recently purchased a brand new A5 Coupe 2.0 TDi Quattro black edition and have the exact same issue - very poor mpg!! I've had it back into the franchise dealer and they took it for a road test and managed to get 44mpg (and said this was within the spec - not sure what spec that was though!!).

I have contacted Audi direct and 3 days later I am still waiting for a response. The only advice the garage have given is to carry out a "3 full tank test", and then check how many miles I'm getting from that - thanks for this piece of advice...........time to contact OFT!! 

• 1 year later...

Hi Steve

I purchased a new Audi A5 convertable 20TDi last April and I'm having the same problem best MPG I got so far is 37.8 car that no town motor all A roads and duel Carriaways been back into Audi three times now and they keep telling me that the car fine and the MPG I'm getting is what they would expeect. After various emails and phone call to Audi UK the car going back in again next Monday to see what the problem is? I had many diesel company cars but this one is the worse even on fuel I might as well have got a petrol. Will let you know the out come when it's been is to the garage yet again...

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2016 at 8:47 PM, Hayabusa said:

Hi Steve

I purchased a new Audi A5 convertible 20TDi last April and I'm having the same problem best MPG I got so far is 37.8 car that no town motor all A roads and duel Carriageway been back into Audi three times now and they keep telling me that the car fine and the MPG I'm getting is what they would expeect. After various emails and phone call to Audi UK the car going back in again next Monday to see what the problem is? I had many diesel company cars but this one is the worse even on fuel I might as well have got a petrol. Will let you know the out come when it's been is to the garage yet again...

Steve 

Audi have finally got back to me and told me to take the car back into local Audi dealer and they will have a look at what the problem is!!! I know what they are going to say diagnostics NOT showing anything wrong so run the car for three tanks of fuel and see what the average mpg shows.... Will let you know the outcome soon

Steve

Hi Steve, looking forward to hearing the outcome - hope things improve, 37.8 does sound pretty low for a 2.0 tdi to be honest - I would be hoping for at the very lead mid to high 40's.