hid problems ! :( help needed please !

d3rosa

hi all, 

i recently brought an audi a3 2006 sline 2.0tdi ...

and after doing some research i decided to buy a set of 6k canbus hid's (big mistake)

so after fitting the hid's and trying them the problems started first of all the wipers wouldn't work (which after looking through a few forums i realised the motor had been fried by the hid's) then as soon as the ignition is put on a few seconds later the cooling fans kick in full blast... ?

so today i removed the hid's and the wiper motor ready to be replaced and i also removed the cooling fans to test and check for problems ! i have now rebuilt the car with out putting the cooling fans back in until i find the problem! tonight i got in the car to make a small journey and noticed now the display isn't working for the blowers !( could this be down to the fans in the engine being disconnected and removed or is this also another problem caused by the hid's)?

i would be much  appreciated if any one could help me out with these problems ! :(

cheers sam

Wow I've never heard of that many problems caused my aftermarket HID's. I know some of them vary in quality quite considerably but even so!

I wouldn't have thought the climate panel would be related but you never know I guess! Have you checked the obvious such as the fuses etc?