19" tyre wear

Stuart

Just curious about peoples experience with tyre wear on the 19" wheels on my Black edition. I've done about 4500 miles and seems I don't have many more left on my fronts. They aren't at the indicators yet but not far off. Think I will rotate them to extend and assumed they wouldn't last fantasticly although the salesman told me otherwise but 4500 seems excessive and wondering if anything wrong.

• 9 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

I changed my tyres at 12k. These Conti's 255 x 35 x 19 wear really quick and I'm shocked.

Obviously its only the fronts we are a talking about but still bad.

I'm thinking next time which will be approx. 24k get a couple of budget harder tyres and see how they wear.

Just had mine changed.  I had moved them rotated after 7000 miles but then somebody decided to hit in the side of me at a roundabout at about 10700.  One tyre was damaged, fortunately the rear which was almost shot so got one under insurance and I've since replaced the other and rotated the new back to the front again.  Unfortunately it's the same brand which I was hoping to change.

Interestingly, the repair company paid £188+vat, I paid £125+vat from my local dealer :)

Will see what this second set run like