Hi, 

I have a 2002 Audi TT Coupe which I have had about 10 months.  While out driving today, a bleeping sound started coming from the boot. The hood was down and the doors unlocked and I was in my street so only driving about 20 mph.

I parked and it seemed as though the beeping was coming from a compartment  passenger side of the boot. The indicators/lights were not flashing, just a beep that last about 30 sec, stopped and then started up again.

I have the car in my garage, so as not to annoy the neighbours. I have checked all the windows and doors are properly closed and that the glove compartment is shut and locked.

Any ideas what I can do tonight to stop the noise until I get it to the garage?

Thanks for your help

• 10 months later...

Hi. just seen your post after a search. I have the same problem from my 2002 A8.

No idea what it is. Did you have any luck finding out what the problem was?

Thanks

i did a quick search and found this

it'll be the alarm with a flat battery. It's located in the rear of the boot on the right.
Pull the inner side trim forward (after removing all clips, its also easier to remove the rear plastic section that runs across the back of the boot) look for the 10mm brass cloured screw near the light cluster, undo and lift out the siren. it's up to you if you just disconnect or replace, lets face it who takes any notice of alarms???