Folding mirror and lock button issues

Dobbo999

Hi

Just upgraded my A6 to an A8

The drivers side folding mirror and both drivers door and OSR passenger door lock buttons don't work, but the other side does.

Any member know if this is a fuse problem and if so where is the fuse for the mirrors and the door handle buttons?

Keyless entry works fine as does the start stop button ( not the finger print start )

Thanks

2004 A8 with electric boot, heated seats and AUDI phone

• 1 year later...

That's 7.5 fuses 41 and 39 for the front and back door on the passenger side. You may find that when you replace these the battery drains more quickly as the remote door locks can become faulty and use power searching for a signal from the key fob - at least this is what I've been told, and from my experience it seems to be true. The fuses you need are in the fuse box at the end of the dashboard, facing the door cards. There is one at each end.

Also, my car has a drivers door mirror which supposedly 'dims' when bright headlights behind are detected. Mine dimmed on its own accord and stayed dim for 10 days before suddenly brightening again. In low light I couldn't see a damn thing reflected in it. I love my A8 but everyday I get into it I wonder what won't be working today - even if it starts working again when it's had a rest.