Flooded Interior floor...Help needed

BHB

Hi. I have just joined. My 2002 A8 which I have had for 8months was parked up for4 months off the road. When I came back to it today I discovered it is soaking inside on the floor. All carpets are drenched , at all 4 seats. And off course mould everywhere. I have no idea what to do. I love the car as it is in great shape. Only 70,000 miles and in great condition. I have booked it in next week at a garage local to me at Gatwick. But they can't see it til next week. It has got a sun roof.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

What bad luck.  I had this problem on a Renault Laguna and a BMW 3-series and in both cases it was the drain holes in the windscreen wiper area which were clogged with debris from trees. In both cars the water ingress was concentrated in the front, via the back of the dashboard, but water has a remarkable ability to follow along troughs and trim in the bodywork. I realise that this would not explain why your seats were wet, which would indicate the water was coming from above, perhaps dribbling along the headlining and depositing everywhere. I'd be surprised if there wasn't staining on the headlining if that were the case and from what you say it isn't that obvious. Mark

• 9 months later...

As above  check head lining,  get it dry asap do NOT TURN THE KEY, UNTIL FULLY DRY OR YOU MAY FRY sensitive electronicskin,  I had this on my 7 series removed all carpets ,had them cleaned , dehumidifiers  in the car will help.seats will be a pain plus more electrics, maybe wd40 Any visible connections. Best of look

• 5 years later...

hi, try looking under the bonnet at the gulley underneath the brake cylinder and heater cover, if there is water in it, the drain holes under the heater cover where the motor is are blocked which means the water fills up and gets into the car through the heater ducts under the cover.

the heater cover is in the middle at the bulk head, it has vented cover over it, just take a torch and look underneath it for water.

Had the same problem on mine, took 3-4 attempts to clear the hole because you can't see them.

hope this helps.

Mick