old favourite sd cards

hello 

an old favourite no doubt

tried a 16 gb card in my 2008 a4 tfsi avant said loading for what it seemed like ages

tried a 2 gb card joy but only played 1 file (had 3 on the card)

reformatted the cards i bought (2 gb) and tried again 1 file played (3 on each card)

can anyone please shed some light

cheers

colinthecat

• 2 weeks later...

hello 

an old favourite no doubt

tried a 16 gb card in my 2008 a4 tfsi avant said loading for what it seemed like ages

tried a 2 gb card joy but only played 1 file (had 3 on the card)

reformatted the cards i bought (2 gb) and tried again 1 file played (3 on each card)

can anyone please shed some light

cheers

colinthecat

It happened to me also just the other day I copied to an 16gb sd card quite a few songs and albums and it maybe the way they are recorded onto another media ie mp3 mp4 blah blah... I noticed that the the ones that did not play were on windows media player but would not play in the car as yet I have not done anything so I would suggest converting them to mp3 or mp4..hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

the card needs to be formatted in Fat32 and the files should be mp3, they also say that the maximum card size supported is 32gb, I have transferred my whole iTunes library onto a card with MediaHuman Audio Converter, this has placed all albums in folders all play and display artwork.