Audi A3 Brake Pedal Rattle

karenfingerhut

I have a new Audi a3, 3 door, Sline Stronic. When moving foot from accelerator to brake and just ever so slightly tapping the break (hardly moves) not deploying the brake fully I get a rattle noise. Audi are saying this is normal. I can't believe that to be the case on a brand new car. Does anyone else have the same problem or should I take this further? Many thanks Karen

I agree James. Good idea. I can't see it being normal on a brand new car. Watch this space.....

It does seem strange to me considering Audi are all about quality, and a rattle on a brand new car doesn't exactly scream quality...

Interested to hear how you get on  :)

Hi James

I've just got in touch with a different Audi dealership and asked to make an appt there. 

I agree it is strange. The problem is once you hear the noise you can't switch off from it, so it stop you enjoying the experience of driving your car.

I'll keep you posted....

Hi James

I've just got in touch with a different Audi dealership and asked to make an appt there. 

I agree it is strange. The problem is once you hear the noise you can't switch off from it, so it stop you enjoying the experience of driving your car.

I'll keep you posted....

I agree, there's nothing worse that hearing a rattle. No matter how small it is you still hear it once you know it's there, even when passengers don't!  :huh:

I have a slight rattle but I have found out what it is . Goo job the MMI is good so I just turn it up

Hope to get it sorted

What was your rattle caused by Gary?

What was your rattle caused by Gary?

James

My comment was a bit misleading ,I do have a rattle but it's not the pedal it's the seat height adjuster handle

I was just letting the OP kW that she isn't Alone when it comes to rattles . Mines about 4 weeks old

Is your rattle on a brand new car Gary

Hi

Sorry for late reply I'm on holiday and not checking email to often

Yes it's a new A3 around 4 weeks now. Mine is the seat height adjuster handle

Hi

Sorry for late reply I'm on holiday and not checking email to often

Yes it's a new A3 around 4 weeks now. Mine is the seat height adjuster handle

Are you away anywhere nice Gary?

Going in for a second opinion. Although the dealer where I leased the car did say to drop it off and they would take it for a second opinion themselves. However the cynic in me makes me think they wouldn't take it anywhere and just make out they did. LOL. 

Going in for a second opinion. Although the dealer where I leased the car did say to drop it off and they would take it for a second opinion themselves. However the cynic in me makes me think they wouldn't take it anywhere and just make out they did. LOL. 

I know the feeling Karen. It's always difficult not to be cynical when it comes to car dealers - particularly if you have had a bad experience or spoken to someone who has!

Ay last Audi was an a1 sline stronic. From about a month in it developed a kind of rattle/vibration noise in both doors. It went in to be fixed about 6 times. Each time they kept putting sealant on the seals of the doors as thats what they thought the problem was. Eventually they decided to call Audi and ask if there was fix for it only to be told it was a characteristic fault of the car with no permanent fix. I wasn't happy!! What added insult to injury was after I got the new A3 one of the service guys (who i'd seen on numerous occasions about the fault in the A1) said yes, we've had a few people come in with the same problem to the A1. Why didn't he mention that before!!!  Frustrating. I just want honesty and then I can make an informed decision.

Ay last Audi was an a1 sline stronic. From about a month in it developed a kind of rattle/vibration noise in both doors. It went in to be fixed about 6 times. Each time they kept putting sealant on the seals of the doors as thats what they thought the problem was. Eventually they decided to call Audi and ask if there was fix for it only to be told it was a characteristic fault of the car with no permanent fix. I wasn't happy!! What added insult to injury was after I got the new A3 one of the service guys (who i'd seen on numerous occasions about the fault in the A1) said yes, we've had a few people come in with the same problem to the A1. Why didn't he mention that before!!!  Frustrating. I just want honesty and then I can make an informed decision.

It is frustrating when they fail to mention something.

Also, for Audi to come out and say a rattle is a 'characteristic' of the car seems laughable. Most of us are fans of the brand for many reasons, but one of which is usually the quality German engineering you expect from Audi. This example certainly doesn't seem to follow that trait.  :(

You're right about why we love the brand and that why I was so frustrated. Hopefully they'll put this rattle right and I can enjoy the car more than I am already doing.  :) Fingers crossed!!

Yes it's a shame that one minor issue can spoil your enjoyment of an otherwise very good car. Keeping my fingers crossed for you also!  :)