Q7 brake opinons.

KEVFRST

What do you think of the standard Audi & Brembo brake set up? I personally find them pretty underwhelming, causing a few scary moments and indicators flashing. mine has new discs and pads on the front about 6k ago when I bought it however it will need the rears changing soon. 

Looking to upgrade to drilled & grooved with fast road pads to hopefully slow a little quicker and offer more confidence.

Discs and pads on their own could help but I don't think you'll be blown away by the difference personally. Also, grooved discs can add some unwanted noise.

Have you thought about a big brake kit? There are companies out there who offer 8 pot kits....

They will bring much needed confidence, and being a trader it's a no brainerfor me not to put some performance bits on (practice what you preach and all that).

Gone with Black Diamond 12 groove,little bit of flutter under braking but won't even notice it with road noise etc. 

• 1 month later...