Good Morning

I have just purchased a 55 plate Audi A4 Saloon. There seems to be a problems with the rear parking sensors and the boot lid release.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or possibly have a diagnostic tool I could borrow?

Portsmouth Area

Rear parking sensors could just be a faulty sensor. There is a way of listening to each sensor to see if they make a clicking/pulsing noise when in use. If one doesn't then it's a faulty sensor.

Thank you I will give that a go but not always easy as live next to the M275 LOL. I also have an issue with opening the boot via the remote control, sometimes it works most time sit does not. I am guessing the car could have been sitting idle for a few months looking at the tax and MoT history. Should I re sync and change battery ?

I have just tried to listen and could not hear or feel anything audible from any of the sensors. I am beginning to wonder if some salt or grit has got in?

Would be worth trying to get it plugged in as you suggested and see if there are any error codes thrown up.

Do you get any beeps (like a long error beep) when you first engage reverse?

• 1 month later...

I took the car to the VW Audi service centre in Gosport who told me the off side right sensor was faulty. The garage I bought the car from changed all four. However, the long bleep issue still exists, not all the time . mainly when first starting up and selecting reverse. I have noticed that when i try to test the sensors without the engine on I get a display on the dash of the car with a pulsing light emanating from rear of displayed car. When the engine is on I do not see that display. I am now wondering if the problem could be the switch if there is one on the gear lever that activates the sensors.   ?

I'm not 100% where the factory system takes its feed from, but I do know that after market systems usually take a feed from the reverse light rather than the gearbox.

If you still have warranty with the garage you purchased it from, I'd take it back there and let them figure it out?