Speedo and rev counter plastic

DaveB

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself to the Q7 club having just purchased my first Audi.

let me first say I had no intention of buying a Q7. I was very happy with my Jaguar XF and intended to keep it for quite some time. Then last year I purchased a new caravan.

The Jag towed the old Caravan wonderfully well, but as soon as I hitched the new one up things got decidedly dodgy. Very Twitchy.

having done all my homework on towing weights I had forgotten one thing. Nose weight. The Jag had to go, but what to get. It had to be a 4X4 so Landrover sport it had to be.

Then I read the forum rants and thought nope, think again. Lets look at a Q7. One look, one test drive and I was smitten. Hopefully picking it up on Saturday. Cant wait.

Regards to everyone

Dave B

I might have messed this post up so im going to try again.

Here goes. The plasti/glass covers over the speedo and rev counter have gone slightly opaque and need replacing. Is this an easy job to do. I have looked on eBay for the glass but cant find any so I guess its a main deal Job unless anyone out there in Audiworld can help.

Any help appreciated

Hi Dave, I imagine you will only find the complete thing on eBay? I doubt the plastic cover is sold separately? Also you need to thing about mileage adjustment as a used one will be different and a new one will be on 0 of course. Not 100% but the new part may also need programming to your car to work. Audi dealer will be the simplest solution but also not cheap I imagine.