Starting issue

John E

My A6 has been in the garage now for over 6 weeks. It's an A6 Avant. It had been leaking oil and I was advised that the head gasket had gone. When I popped round to pick it up the mechanic told me that they had taken it to have it's head skimmed. When I popped around the next day they hadn't finished putting it back together and said it would be ready the next day. They also mentioned that it had to have 10thou skimmed. Not being a mechanic that does not mean a lot to me ;-(. Anyway since then they have been unable to start the car!!!! apparently they have checked the EGR valve and apparently that is ok. They have also checked the wiring with no indication of any problems there ............. 

May I add that before taking car in ..... it was running great and starting has never been an issue.

Any help would be much appreciated !!!!

John

Hi John, that doesn't sounds too good! :sad:

10thou skimmed is just relating to how much the head has been skimmed (0.010")

I'd suggest that if the car was starting etc prior to going in and having the work then it must be an issue with them putting it back together. I'm not sure I would have that much confidence in the garage by the sound of it?