A3 3.2 v6 drivers door wont unlock

BeardFour

This morning my drivers door failed to unlock from the fob - the passenger and boot opened fine and i can hear clicks from the drivers door  - plus what i think is an extra click.  The door wont open from the inside handle or the unlock switch.  Stragnely the key doenst go into the lock - not sure if this a symptonm of a broken lock or something else (i've only had the car since January and I havent used the key to unlock the door before).  Engine starts and it drove fine this morning without any issues.

Can anyone recommend where to start? whilst i appreciate in advance any help offered, i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to cars so if i could ask pelple to keep the descriptions as basic as possible please!

Edited by BeardFour

It's always a bit of a pain when this happens as a lot of the time to get to the mechanism you need the door card removed. Obviously you normally need the door open to do this so a lot of people often end up butchering the door card (and replacing later) to get to the bit they need :sad: