Audi doody everyone!

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and Audi ownership.  Just bought an S6 Avant (C6) and just love the sound...as do my neighbours!  Really looking forward to taking it to Le Mans this year (my 27th!) along with my classic car.  I just need to think about stickering it up.  Any help or advice would be welcome.  I would like to have the theme of the current LMP1 race car.  Anybody else going to Le Mans this year?

Hi Martin, welcome! Would love to go this year but not sure I'll make it unfortunately. Any photos of the S6?

What's your classic car? Are you towing it down?

Pictures of the Audi soon James, I only picked it up the other day, not had a chance yet.  I also have an e-type S3 convertible in Red (pic attached - hopefully!).  No, I'll be driving the Jag down and my brother the Audi.  I can't help feeling it's a bit much taking 10.5litres and 22 cylinders down for the week!

DSC_0040.jpg

On 5/4/2016 at 3:33 PM, Trackside Tripod said:

Pictures of the Audi soon James, I only picked it up the other day, not had a chance yet.  I also have an e-type S3 convertible in Red (pic attached - hopefully!).  No, I'll be driving the Jag down and my brother the Audi.  I can't help feeling it's a bit much taking 10.5litres and 22 cylinders down for the week!

DSC_0040.jpg

Well if you can take 22 cylinders down then why not!

I must say the e-type looks fabulous and in great condition! How long have you owned her Martin?

I've had her for a couple of years now but the first 12 months, she was being restored.  Just the interior trim to do and she'll be done (when I have some money to spare!).  I have her on wires now!

13 minutes ago, Trackside Tripod said:

I've had her for a couple of years now but the first 12 months, she was being restored.  Just the interior trim to do and she'll be done (when I have some money to spare!).  I have her on wires now!

Very nice too. What sort of condition was she in when you got her?

Bodywork was pretty good;  I've not done anything to that but I've spent more money on overhauling all the mechanics than I did on buying the car!  I wanted something that was reliable.  I had a Ferrari 308 before, which was a nightmare!  I was even afraid to stop at petrol stations in case it didn't start again!

On 5/6/2016 at 10:16 AM, Trackside Tripod said:

Bodywork was pretty good;  I've not done anything to that but I've spent more money on overhauling all the mechanics than I did on buying the car!  I wanted something that was reliable.  I had a Ferrari 308 before, which was a nightmare!  I was even afraid to stop at petrol stations in case it didn't start again!

I can see why you value reliability then! I can imagine a Ferrari that doesn't start is a little embarrassing! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Martin,

I also attend Le Mans every year but only my 10th successive year this year...congrats on your 27 years!

I personally would sticker the hell out of the Audi...loud & proud is definitely the way forward and I think the new R18 livery would be incredible.

I shall look out for the Jag and the Audi next week...where do you guys camp or are you lucky enough to get a hotel?

Best Regards,   Trevor - Admin