S5 convertible boot lid opening

Neil_S5

Evening guys and girls, I have just bought myself an 2012 S5 convertible and love it to bits already - here's the but... I have found it has the issue with water leaking into the boot on the left hand side but the fuses, the yellow sponge at the bottom is soaked :-( 

anyway will be calling up the dealership tomorrow to get them to sort it under warranty but the question I have is the boot lid and how it is meant to open.

i was under the impression that when you pressed the boot unlock button twice on the key fob the boot lid is meant to pop up and open - is that right? As mine currently doesn't *sigh*

thanks 

Neil 

Hi Neil,

Have you also tried pressing and holding - not sure if it's any different for the cab rather than the coupe?

Hi James, 

Yeah tried that - it just unlocks, not sure if its the boot struts have lost their gas as its not that easy to open either. really need to see if someones else that has a cab knows if it should or not.

On 5/4/2016 at 0:44 PM, Neil_S5 said:

Hi James, 

Yeah tried that - it just unlocks, not sure if its the boot struts have lost their gas as its not that easy to open either. really need to see if someones else that has a cab knows if it should or not.

Hmm could be. I'm sure I've read somewhere that it's different on the cab so yes I suppose it would be good to try and find someone else with a cab to ask. Or, just a thought - why not see if your local Audi dealer has one you can try?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've just purchased a S5 convertible, currently in shop for oil consumption test, I noticed the loan a6 boot popped open as you describe, I asked why mine only unlocks, apparently convertible does not do this, not sure why not though.

I think James is right that the convertible does not do this...more than likely a feature that doesn't enable the boot to open when there is any likelihood of the roof being in anything but a closed position.

• 2 months later...
On Wednesday, May 04, 2016 at 0:44 PM, Neil_S5 said:

Hi James, 

My cab just unlocks boot. As for the water you have 2 vents either side on car there is a fault with them. Just had mine done everything OK. 

• Like 1