A3 steering wheel badge replacement

Richmc1983

Hi all, 

New to the forum so please be kind. My wife has managed to scratch the heck out of the centre steering wheel badge / airbag surrounding on her Audi A3 2007 and it's driving me mad. (See pics). (Don't ask how... Handbag, rings.. God knows!)

I've looked at numerous forums but can't find the exact answer I'm looking for! 

I'm reluctant to take it to the Audi dealer, so wonder if there is a DIY I can either replace myself or spray the surround silver if I can remove it? 

The question is, can it be removed easily? I read on some forums it can be popped out with a credit card but I've tried this and don't want to push too far in case I damage the airbag. I may be being a little too gentle.. 

Any help much appreciated, has anyone had a similar issue?! What would people advise?

Cheers, 

Rich

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

HI Rich,

I have a similar problem. I've just bought mine with cracks on both sides of the ring trim.

I actually bought the tool set for removing trim and for now still couldn't get it out...

So I'm basically waiting with you for someone who's done it right to reply 

Cheers and good luck to as all not damaging the airbag cover