A6 2012 plate automatic! No reverse

S2thet

Hi guys i got over the last problem apparantly it was sumin in the ecu it cost me £400 had nothing to do with the tyres. Audi contributed £18 for the part which was pathetic theyhad the car for 3 days hence the £400. I cant believe im gettin more problems already. The car is an s line 2.0 automatic on a 12 plate! Ive lost the reverse gear?!! It takes forever to move backwards but eventually it does at about 5000 revs so literally flys backwards . Has anyone ever experienced this i cant see much about it online?? Any help appreciated thanks guys. It said on the dash that the gearbox was overheating but we hadnt used the car

• 2 weeks later...

Hey giys quick update been in with audi and bad bad news!! Apparantly

my gearbox was due a service at 35k only a few cars need this service apparantly. We had no idea this service was needed! The car went in at 44k and they said that it needed the service but they didnt say it was urgent or an absolute must! Now there tellin me that a clip i think it was called a Z clip came loose due to the gearbox oil being low and then burning and its destroyed the gearbox! They can offer me no help and to top it all off im lookin at 8-9k! Yes 8 to 9 grand!! For a car i paid 20k for only 8 months ago!! All audi have to say is well if you bought it in audi it wud be ok!! Any help pls? Does any1 know wer id get a reconditioned gearbox?

can you not get your gearbox refurbished?

BTW I have the multitronic gearbox and researched heavily before purchase, its well documented that they require oil change every 38000 miles. Audi charge £175 for mine

I didnt research it if im honest and i wouldnt have a clue where to start as in getting it refurbished. I dnt know what to do? The car is in audi and im guessin its still in pieces. Will they fix the car will they put it bk together? I dnt know the exact problems. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Stephen, I'm not sure if you will get a notification for this thread. Considering you made it over a year ago. I have the exact same issue with my car right now, WHAT DID YOU DO?! And how much did it cost :|

James Collins