k & n filter

I am thinking of putting a k&n filter on my 2 ltr diesel this month has any body done this and did you notice any difference? and is it classed as a modification?

I haven't so this isn't through experience of having one fitted, Sorry but anything that will allow better air flow will (should do anyway) help increase power or help with MPG and with the engine breathing better it may also Make the engine quieter and smoother. 

Shouldn't be classed as a mod unless theres is a performance gain (add more BHP) such as a Remap or tuning ect.

NOTE: Not through having it done, hopefully someone who has had it done replies.

Hope this helps :) 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have done a lot of research on k&n filters and as I can recommend that you don't get an induction kid especially on a diesel it doesn't make a difference. Yes the air intake is better but for being a diesel you won't notice it. 

The panel filter box that is standard does the same thing just purchase a panel filter I recommend getting a ramair panel filter and replace the original one with that. I'm planning on getting it soon so I'll let you know what I think of it :)