2009 sportback rear wiper issues

rutski79

evening all newbie here  , probably a common question , but the rear wiper on my 2009 A3 has failed,  today i decided to strip the boot trim in preparation for removing the motor to strip down and clean up as i can hear it trying to drive but feel the rust and muck has maybe seized the linkage up .

couple issues.

1.i can't seem to get the wiper arm off after reading a few post I've tried everything even a pulley puller but it won't budge ... any ideas ???

2. seeing as the wiper blade wouldn't budge i also disconnect the hose from the motor housing in the boot and placed it in a bottle pressed the washer indicator from within the car but no water was even coming through to the rear  ???

any pointer would be great and any ideas of costs if i was to end up taking this to garage , thanks in advance 

Phil 

Hi Philip...welcome to the Forum

1.  Put some masking tape on the side of the body of the wiper arm where it fits over the spindle and tap with a light hammer to break the taper...that should work....maybe also use the puller at the same time to aid it.

2. Is the washer pump running up front?  If so, is it pouring out elsewhere?

Keep us updated

Cheers  Trevor