Seatbelt warning light /problems

Gary pa28

Went to drive off the other day ( seatbelt on) p/brake wouldn't release so had to manually do it ,as I drove off the seatbelt light and warning chime activated as if I wasn't wearing it

called AUDI to book it in for warranty work and as no loan car available was told to get AUDI assist out , when he arrived there was no fault stored even though it clearly does  and warning light still on ,the guy disconnected wire from the buckle and said it's the micro switch in it and to book it in for a new one 

Audi had the car for a whole day and called at nearly 5 to say we reconnected plug under seat and no fault.Wont replace it as no fault has been found or stored and have told me that I will have to bring it back again IF happens again 

Has anyone had similar faults 

thanks 

2 hours ago, Trevor said:

So basically, the seatbelt stalk unplugged itself or is it where the Audi Assist techy unplugged it?

Collected car today all worked fine for five miles then it's started again ,this time I filmed it and contacted the service dept again 

was asked if I would like to book it in , I told them I want it changing now and as I have filmed it they have agreed to, but I will be marking the  part so I can see if it's been replaced