Unusual window fault

Kyukyu0

Hi,

looking for help in resolving my window problem on my a3 Black Edition 2012.

everything was ok, car came back from local independent audi service centre, after mini service and full diagnostic check, which was all clear.

within a few hours I noticed the front windows although appearing  completely shut, were in fact not quiet closing fully.

Followed  normal reset procedures for up down, silicone sprayed runners, but fault remains.

I can  find no reference to this kind of problem on the net, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

really annoying as there is a slight rattle at top of window and although no air comes in you can hear window needs probably to go up another 5 mm.

Nigel.

Welcome to the forum :)

sorry to hear your having issues. My number one recommendation would be to take it back to where it was serviced as the issues only occurred after it had been there. 

Cheers

Steve 

Thanks for response.

I have tried the dealer but there adamant it's not related to sevice.

I still believe it must be software related as car had diagnostic check, maybe this has reset windows incorrectly.

car has covered less than 30000 miles so I find it hard to believe it's a mechanical problem that suddenly effected both front windows !

I will persevere to try and find solution, thanks again.

Nigel.

Sorry you've had bad luck with the dealer but I would have to agree with you, it's highly unlikely to be a mechanical issue as both motors and switches are working normally. 

Hope it gets sorted soon

cheers

Steve