Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb-Worcestershire

Joe Cott

not sure if this is the right place to post this but as a member of the MAC (Midland Automobile Cub) I would like to share info on the event this coming weekend; 

Shelsley Walsh Hill climb. Worcestershire

The weekend of 22/23 July is the biggest event of the year here.

What’s on?  Classic Nostalgia 2017

http://www.shelsleywalsh.com/classic-nostalgia-2017/

Racing cars, rally & road cars competing on the hill all day, come & talk to the drivers, watch them racing. You can get right up to them, no barriers or restrictions in the paddock.

The social scene; Jazz bands & dancing in the courtyard between the restaurant & the bar. Music all day provided by; My Favourite Things, Sam & the Sax, The Ding Dong Dadios, Jon Clare & the Fabulous Dough Boys.

The Battle of Britain memorial flight will be in the air at lunchtime Sunday & the first 100 classic cars to enter the public car park will be offered entry to the Concours d’elegance sponsored by Classic & Sports car magazine. The top 15 cars will get the chance to drive the hill (not to race but still a very rare occurrence).

As if all the above were not enough, the weekend celebrates land speed record family, the Campbells.

Donald Campbell’s daughter Gina & his nephew Don will be attending the weekend with some of the ex-Campbell road cars. Malcomb Campbell’s 1927 world record (300+ mph) will be remembered with the 22 litre W12 Napier aero engined Bluebird which will also be doing demonstration runs up the hill.

There will be sideshows, vintage dodgems, car clubs & a bloke using RC cars to paint!?!? http://www.popbangcolour.com/popbang-in-action/

What more can I say? Best day is Sunday

If you are at a loose end then Shelsley Walsh in the beautiful Teme Valley, just 8 miles from Worcester, might be the place for you. http://www.shelsleywalsh.com/find-us/  

1927 - BLUEBIRD

Image may contain: car and outdoor

• Like 2

Thanks for letting us know about this Joe :) 

looks a good show! Shame I'm busy otherwise we could have had a club display of our cars! 

Keep us posted on other events your club is doing as I'm sure it's something we could partake in :) 

iv moved this to the events section too btw :) 

thanks again joe :) 

35 minutes ago, Joe Cott said:

cheers Steve, I'll get the hang of where to post stuff eventually :yes:

Don't worry Joe it's fine :) 

thank you for posting the events! :)