Audi 3 year manufacturers warranty

Bex

Recently purchased a 1 year old car from an Audi garage. I was only offered a 12 month warranty as it was a used car (previously a demo vehicle). Anyone else come across this anomaly as anyone buying a second hand Audi privately would have been able to transfer the remaining warranty to the new owner. I fail to see how Audi can reduce the warranty just because they were the previous owner?

Hey Terry welcome to the forum :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

your dead right! The manufacturers warranty should carry over as long as the car had full service history.

Any additional warranty they offer should only start after the manufacturers warranty has expired.

Starting additional warranty before the manufacturers has expired is mis selling and thus illegal! 

Hope that makes sense. 

Cheers

steve :) 

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply Steve, I am pleased to say that Audi have come back and said it was a mistake in the documentation and confirmed I have the manufacturers warranty for the remains part of the 3 years. Your advise was helpful and would have been my next step had they have not sorted it.

many thanks, great forum

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bex said:

Thanks for the quick reply Steve, I am pleased to say that Audi have come back and said it was a mistake in the documentation and confirmed I have the manufacturers warranty for the remains part of the 3 years. Your advise was helpful and would have been my next step had they have not sorted it.

many thanks, great forum

Your most welcome, glad I could help :) 

thanks for the kind comments about the forum :) 

feel free to check out the events page and pop along to any events we have planned. We'd love to display your a4 on our club displays :) 

cheers

steve