Possible purchase of Audi A6

Mr Filipov

Hello all,

New member here. I currently own a 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, but as it time goes on I like to have a change. Went out and test drove an Audi A6 BiTDi on the weekend and loved it. I am fully aware that these are quite rare, but was wondering if anyone is able to give me some more information about the car before I go jumping in.

I usually tend to do my research before getting a new car, and what better place than an owners forum. I will be looking a pre-facelift car, and of course it needs to have a few options to my liking.

The questions I would like to ask are as follows:

What are the common problems and faults with the A6?
Is there anything I should look out for on the 3.0 BiTDi engine?
For people with electric seats: would you happen to know if the front of the base of the drivers seat does indeed go any lower than the one found in the manual adjustment seats? I found the front of the seat a bit too high for my liking and possibly a tad uncomfortable. At 6 foot 2 I do find the rear view mirror to be a tad obstructive and I know that lowering the front of the base will certainly help as it has done in my current and previous Mercedes.
And last but not least, does anyone have definitive information on how the DPF regens work on these? My main driving is done around town and with my current car I have an idea how many miles I can cover before it starts doing a regen. For example mine will even start it around town. Is there any known info on how often and what parameters need to be met in the Audi?

Apologies for the barrage of questions and any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Ivaylo Filipov

• 3 weeks later...