Dreaded ABS pump!!

AudiMickey

Hi guys, I'm back on again trying to gleen more info from some of you guys if at all possible?

I have had the abs pump/module reconditioned as I had the dreaded esp light come on and stay on. They confirmed as did a code read that it was the brake pressure switch that was faulty.

Anyways I have now refitted the pump and module back in and have a few question? Does this need programming? And how is it best to bleed the system? I have filled the Resevior and put a pressure bleeder on but get no fluid at any caliper??

As ever your advice would be appreciated?

Just to update this thread, i have now cleared the code after reinstalling the pump and bleeding the brakes and hey presto the fault code has gone, However i still have the ESP light on as there is a Steering Angle Sensor Fault and also the airbag light on as i have a fault NSF crash sensor!!!!

Someone tell me when this nightmare will end!!

I will soldier on and update again soon!!

• 4 weeks later...

I appreciate your question may have been sorted out by now, but here is some background  info....

Please let us know the outcome. Did you have any isues with bleeding the new unit?

After turning on the ignition, the sensor initialises itself as soon as the steering wheel has been rotated through an angle of 4.5°. This is equivalent to a turning movement of approx. 1.5 cm. Effects of failure Without the information supplied by the steering angle sensor, ESP would be unable to determine the desired direction of travel. The ESP function fails. Self-diagnosis After replacing the control unit or the sensor, the zero position must be re-calibrated.

Have a look at this link to view the ESP - Design & Function manual. Plenty of reading for you !