Audi A4 Probelms *Already*

Arcaned

Since yesterday iv had a major problem and it's really starting to annoy me now. The symptoms are as follows.

EPC light flashes on for a few seconds and the car looses all power. Iv done alot of research on google to try and locate the problem to no avail. There are so many people saying one thing and then other people saying another thing to the point i would end up replacing all sensors, fuel system and whatever else. May aswell just do a full rebuild if that was the case but im sure it's something alot more simple.

If anyone has had this problem as iv read it happens to numerous Audis and not just the A4, i would be very greatful for a fix. Iv noticed a few little niggly faults aswell ie:- the temperature guage works when it wants to and not all the time. The centre blower vents wernt working (i managed to remove the vents from the dash to find one of the wire's was not connected to which i reconnected and it seems to work fine now).

Just out of curiosity, iv noticed when im in the car and the ignition is on but the car isn't running, i hear a sound coming from the dash like a mulit-changer changing discs. I have no multi-changer in the car and the radio isn't switched on when its making the noise. Any ideas as to what or where the noise comes from?

Im a great Audi fan but have noticed a few problems and only had the car approximately 2 weeks :(

I think i found the problem of the juddering, loss of power and ECP light showing. I filled up with crappy Unleaded Octane 91 or 95 (cant remember which) but i know it was some nasty stuff. Iv recently re-fuelled but using Super Unleaded and the car only lost power once after about 2 hours of driving which could be due to the fact there's still some of the crappy fuel in the tank.

I think the cure for the intermittent temp gauge is down to a sensor, unsure wether it's the Water Coolant Sensor or the MAP Sensor as iv noticed when the car gets quite warm, the gauge goes from 60 - 0 degrees and iv also noticed the radiator fan doesn't seem to work? Im not great with mechanics so at a shot in the dark i guess it's either the sensor or thermostat? Can anyone shed some light for me as i don't want to waste money on parts that aren't needed.

• 3 weeks later...

All of the above problems are now sorted. The ECP light, loss of power and juddering were down to wrong octane fuel. I now pay closer attention when filling up and have remembered which garages are best.

I bought a new MAF Sensor on Monday, since then my car seems alot smoother to drive, more response and the temperature gauge is working as normal *Touchwood*. Iv not really noticed if the radiator fan starts spinning as soon as i turn on the ignition but i will check that tomorrow.

The noise i could hear from the dash are actually motors for the heaters which are adjusting. Obviously nothing for me to worry about. I also noticed when i was fitting the new headunit that there were some ISO adapters unplugged but i never knew what they were for. I managed to trace the wires to a Nokia box which i have now realised it was for a hands free kit that wasn't remover properly before i bought the car.

I mentioned the centre blowers now working. I pinpointed this to 1 of the 10 motors. It has become faulty and in-operational, iv yet to find a spare motor to replace it with but have managed to open the flap for the time being so that they work. I can control the rest with the vent flaps so it's no biggy.

I hope if anyone else has any of these problems. I have managed to find a fix for them

• 1 year later...