battery related display issue?

Shaggy33

Would a low voltage battery cause the display on dash and stereo to be broken up? It was like that on the drive home from buying it but seems fine now a few days later (100 mile drive back and only done about 20 in it since then). I know the car had stood for a bit prior to me buying.

Not bothered as it saves me trying to get it fixed but would like to know if the two are related??

Hi Chris, I have this issue on my 2002 a6. I have the symphony radio with built in 6 CD changer. I have found the screen starts to fail.due to age and is not connected to the low voltage. 

I have found that vibration can set it off, even vibrations from the speakers! On the same token I've found if I touch the screen whilst it is red and unreadable it resets it. However I appreciate this isn't a long term solution. 

Think.ill have to replace the radio eventually but I know the symphony radio is £400 from audi! 

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers

Steve

No problem thank you for your input. I’ve bought a single din and a harness for the b5. Got the stereo out and now wondering where on earth all the wires go. Bought this eBay item...182657635008, anyone else does this mod?

11 hours ago, Shaggy33 said:

No problem thank you for your input. I’ve bought a single din and a harness for the b5. Got the stereo out and now wondering where on earth all the wires go. Bought this eBay item...182657635008, anyone else does this mod?

Sorry I can't help more Chris, I'm unfortunately not too knowledgeable on radio wiring. 

Cheers

Steve