Sat Nav Help

Rda7

Hi Guys. Just picked up 2012 a7 and it's perfect other than sat navocation is wrong. I've tried reset and no joy so assuming it's the fin. However I want to check if satellites are being recieved but after 2 days of searching cannot find where in the screen or in the Menus it shows. It's the mmi touch plus 

Hi and thanks. Audi mmi touch plus . Sat nav simply doesn't have me in the right location.tryimg to work out where on the screen or in the menu it shows how many satellites connected to

found this on another site it may work for you?

I had exactly same problem, with my q3 from 2013., Fortunately it's managed me to solve this. Actually it's pretty simple, below I can guide you how to get the exact location again. Go to navigation, then tap in to settings, now click on "insert location" which is in the bottom. Then you just enter your currently location, and everything should be alright again. Hopes this guide finds you well.

Thanks for the help. Have already tried this. Just need to know is where it actually shows satellites connected so I know is if they are

i keep coming across this many are saying " It will be the sharks fin antenna. Quite a common problem unfortunately. "

When the MMI looses sight of the gps signal, it attempts to guesstimate your position.

Assuming you've not unplugged anything, replacement of the antenna is the solution. If you purchase from the dealer they come in primer, so you would need to paint. Alternatively keep an eye on eBay as they come up quite regularly.

Thanks . I'm thinking that's the pro lemon but just want to diagnose first and ensure that no satellites are tracking but I can't find d where that info is actually displayed 

Not sure how relevant this will be, i’ve been looking at audi’s at some of the supermarket sites, some cars display satellites received on nav screen and display a message asking for “ navigation medium” when you ask salesman they say that card is either in office or missing.

So if you’re nav system is based on an sd card, try taking it out and see what display shows. 

Thanks is for help. It's HDD on the a7 and doesn't display. All sorted now. Took unit out and connect a £7 GPS pick antenna, rather than £200 at Audi and all works