Internal Lighting Issue

聽Share

Hi all,

First time post so please be gentle! I'm the proud owner of a 2016 A3 (Vegas Yellow 馃榿) but have recently been experiencing a problem with my internal roof-mounted lights.

When tapping the roof-mounted light buttons the lights flash on and off very quickly, but don't perform the actual function of the button (See attached video for a clearer idea). This also only happens with the either of the聽doors open.

I removed the Interior Lights fuses聽to see if they were the issue but the lights still flashed as per the description above, so they are obviously not connected to either of the聽Interior Lights fuses. I decided to stop tinkering there before I broke anything.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any thoughts? It's still under warranty I just聽thought I'd try a bit of self-help first.聽馃槉

• 5 years later...

• 5 months later...

This has been happening to me on my 18 S3 with oem upgraded interior lighting. When this happens I also noticed the homelink does not work, the rear dome and trunk lights since they are all on the same circuit (the sunroof works as it's on it's own) .

I did scan with OBD11 and it came up with code B131411 (Supply voltage for interior lighting Short circuit to ground). I was only able to find a TSB 68 16 16 2043850/1 April 28, 2016 for the Q& which I don't think it applies since it does not have the same wiring in the visor.

I have replaced the fuse (f29) as well just to rule it out.聽 I also checked the visor lights to see if they might have rubbed into the roof and they are good, not bare. I took down the dome light . I even jiggled the wiring to make sure they would not short out. The wiring was intact and did not find any bare wires. I did find the oem dome light (led board) is buzzing (no other led lights do this) when turned on. I cannot find anything and or anyone that has replaced the board due to failure. I am leaning towards replacing the board which looks like you can only buy the whole dome assembly.

Thanks much. Once I get the replacement I will take out the old dome light and inspect the lighting board to see if their's any bad solders. I appreciate your insight and help!