new owner questions

Argon41

Evening all;

I've not long taken delivery of my 2015 1.4 TFSI Saloon, and so far it is giving me the jollies.

I've been trying to work out some of the things that the dealer didn't (wasn't able to?) answer, and hoped you might be able to help.

1. When I connect my Xperia XZ Premium to the bluetooth, it functions great, nice sound etc, but i am unable to skip tracks, but when my girlfriends is attached by BT, i'm able to skip using the volume knob no issues. Is this something that is due to older software, or am i likely to just have to suffer with? Can i get the software myself, or do i need to prostrate myself to the service department to get them to do it? Current Software - EU_AU_P3151 & Current BT Version - 4160

2. Android auto. It was great in my previous car, and i'd like to keep using it. Is it possible to make it work with the MMI? if not, are we likely to see it before the end of the decade (i know Audi is pretty slow with things like this and they've just started offering it on new models this year).

3. Satnav - the perennial question, i believe my car is prepped for it (2015 black edition S-line), so is it simply a case of visit Audi Glasgow and hand over my left kidney and my first born?

Cheers for any help!

Best

Richard

Hi, I can't answer the question re the bluetooth but with regard to the sat nav I am afraid you are right. I looked into this for my son's A1 and was told it had to go to the stealer to pay £650 for them to plug it in and connect to Germany to activate it.  Don't just buy the SD card with the maps as it does need to go to the stealer first.

I have 2017 A3 TFSI 1.4 150 s line and love the car. My car does support andriod auto with no problem so no reason why you could not get this sorted although I connect via USB.

Good luck

Thanks for the answer. I was expecting to have to go to the dealer. £500 on top of everything already spent is a bit of a pain in the !Removed!.

Not sure if mine does. I have the AMI in the glovebox with no other USB connections anywhere. When i plug it in, nothing seems to happen, do I need to have the app installed for it to do anything? I wonder if there was an update to the MMI over the past year that enables it.

R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...