A4 Quattro information

flateric
聽Share

Hi all

First post outside of the hello forum.

Looking at getting a second car for my daily driver to and from work. Other car is a Grand Scenic for the missus. I am looking for a reliable car and will do around 40miles round trip per day and a little more running around so guess this will be around 8k PA - mostly A road and M Way miles but a dollop of town driving too.

Not had an Audi before or other cars from the VAG group. How are they reliability-wise and in particular low maintenance (how i miss my old Rover 216Gsi...)?

There is a high mileage (160k) 2010 Quattro 2.0 TDI Se for sale with timing belt just changed for around 拢3.6k i have my eye on but it has a DPF and heard horror stories of the DPF and also injector/oil pump woes. Any experiences/advice?

Was also considering a 2006-7 BMW 320D M Sport for similar money with lower miles but been a FWD driver all my motoring miles though I did take a test drive of a 320Ci cabriolet (2004) which was a very smooth drive - hardly noticed high speed humps!

Any input appreciated as it's your time 馃檪

Cheers!