A4 S-line Quattro Build

JordanHowir

Hi there folks 
Bit of background on the car, my uncle owned the car for 6 years and in the last year and a half has laid untouched in his drive. It is a 2.0L TDI Quattro S-line. 
Around 2 years ago the car began to play up with boost issues. He gave the car to Star Performance in Scotland who put a new DPF on and a new turbo. Also terra cleaned the engine. The car ran okay for a good month or so but completely broke down. Rod knock and let go at the side of the road. Big hole in the engine. 
In the last couple of days he has decided to give me the car to fix and run as my daily. My little Clio has just blown the turbo also so at the moment I’m carless. I am a technician and have numerous years of experience but no Audi experience.
I have a couple of options:
I remove the engine look what can be salvaged and work from there with either a like for like engine or try replace the broken parts which will need defo a whole bottom end inc crank and block 

I do an engine swap (my preferred choice). I strip the engine currently in it of all the goodness (new turbo, head, anything salvageable) and sell as much as I can.
 I always liked the thought of putting an S4 engine, box and driveline in it but I don’t know what’s involved in that. 

Another engine swap but do a 3.0L from another A4? I really need someone’s insight into someone that’s been in a similar position. 

The car is in great shape body wise and interior l. Also the driveline is great. 

Any help is appreciated as I am completely new to the Audi game.