Blower stopped working

Adrian22

Hi all, New owner of an Audi A3 2010 8P1 (2003-2012) Hatchback 1.9 TDI . Long story short I had to sleep in the passenger seat while away on a trip the other day, my toe clipped the panel cover holding the blower filter in place under the dash by feet and it came off and the filter fell half out. I drove the car home without realising what I’d done next day for 4 hours with the AC on. Today all the heater panel instruments light up fine however the blower isn’t working at all (no air). I’ve pushed the filter back in place and closed the panel but still nothing. I’m Assuming the fan is clogged ?? If so plan on taking the glovebox out to clean it (if poss) and replace the blower fan (if not). I’m not a hugely knowledgeable car person though so just wondering if there’s anything I’m overlooking or could it be something else ? Thanks 

• 2 months later...

I’m having trouble with my blower for different reasons as of yet unknown. However I have removed the glove box and removed the blower and resistor and it is very easy. A few screws at the top side and bottom and follow your nose after that