S Tronic Clutch Bite Point

kelvinpapp
Ā Share

Hi All,

First time poster onĀ the forums šŸ˜€

i took delivery of my 2019 Avant a couple of weeks ago - a ā€œ40 TFSIā€ variant (automatic). Very, very pleased with it šŸ˜€

Iā€™mĀ interested to know whether itā€™s ā€œnormalā€ for it to feel like the bite point on the clutch is higher than normal? I seem to need to give mine quiteĀ a bit of throttle (1200-1500rpm) before the clutch starts to release and I pull away - itā€™s caught me out a few times at junctions / roundabouts. I donā€™t recall the model I test drove behaving the same, butĀ it was quite a while back and itā€™s possible Iā€™ve just forgotten (I test droveĀ quite a few different cars when I was car shopping and had a wait of nearly 3 months for a factory order).

My previous car was a C220D Mercedes, so quite different in terms of throttle response and power delivery. It may just be a case of getting used to it, but I thought Iā€™d ask the question to ease my mind. Itā€™s my first automatic petrol.Ā Iā€™ll probably put a call in to the dealer this week for some reassurance.

Thanks in advance!

Kelvin

• 1 month later...

I have Just received my new Audi A4 STronic and the same thing happens to me. This slight pauseĀ before take off does not happen with torque converter auto's, so I think it is to do with the dual clutch system.