Audi A3 8v 1.4tfsi please help

Ivan23

I got in my car this morning, started it and as it was idling smoothly the check engine light started flashing and the car started idling rough and then after 5-6 seconds the lights disappeared and the car was fine. Following this the auto start stop system wasn't working. What could that be? Help please? the Car has 57k miles on it and I recently had my spark plugs changed. Could the be the ignition coils? 

P.S. I had it checked and there were no fault codes

Thanks

8 hours ago, Ivan23 said:

I got in my car this morning, started it and as it was idling smoothly the check engine light started flashing and the car started idling rough and then after 5-6 seconds the lights disappeared and the car was fine. Following this the auto start stop system wasn't working. What could that be? Help please? the Car has 57k miles on it and I recently had my spark plugs changed. Could the be the ignition coils? 

P.S. I had it checked and there were no fault codes

Thanks

Hi

I once had an experience like the one you describe. The car had been sitting outside unused for a few weeks, and we'd just had that spell of gale force winds and heavy rain. It started OK, but the check engine light flashed for 5-6 seconds, then went off. It never happened again, so I put it down to a temporary sensor issue caused by the wet weather.

The auto stop/start relies on having enough battery power before it will operate - did it come back on after you'd driven a few miles? If not, it might be worth checking the condition of your battery.