TT 2000 225 re-map

Gumbo79

New to this platform hope anyone can help. Need advice on my TT..Had a Turbo gauge fitted and re-map done to get the car back to the original 225bhp as it’s lost some power over the years as it was at 190 bhp. After map and some new parts filter ect...now I have 1.5bar of boost compared to the 0.5-0.6 I started with. The issue I have is when the boost kicks in after 0.8 -1.5 the whole car shakes/power drops and have to come off the throttle and let the boost drop lower so it drives normal. Car drive perfectly fine until you hold throttle open. The only thing I can think of is the clutch! Any advice would be great.

Map sensor can't cope with the new power, clutch slipping, haldex engaging causing traction to kick in?

Boost leak, vacuum leak etc etc.

Was it a 180 to start with? If it's a 225 then it should have a 3bar map sensor standard.

It's hard to understand why it has lost 35 bhp from standard. That's not age related, there is an underlying problem there.

And the remappers would have picked up on sensor or running issues pre map.

Hi..

Appreciate the reply. I have the 225 and was thinking the same as you...Started on the cheap bits first and found the fault.Would you believe it.... spark plugs. Goes like a rocket now and can’t believe the difference. Drives great and over the moon... It feels like it should drive. The only  thing that’s bothering me now  Is a post I saw with a TT recirculating forge blow off valve mounted horizontal rather than vertical the way I fitted Mine and puzzling me.  The Forge valve Will not let me swap over the two pipes as you cant twist then into place due to the short thread. Seems only allows you to use it one way on the car with the adjustment spring facing upwards not sidewards as shown in the photo I saw online.. have you come across this... also unsure on how much compression the spring needs/clicks for the correct adjustment for boost.ect

Cheers for the post

stu