Get sat nav working

Russer98

Hi hope someone out there can help me ,I’ve just bought a 2014 A3 and wondered is it possible to get the sat nav to work.The car has the MMI and is fitted with 2 sd slots and a dvd slot but it didn’t come with an sd card or dvd .So is there a relatively inexpensive way to get sat nav working or would I need to go through an Audi dealer.Ive seen sat nav sd cards and dvds for sale on eBay but would it be that simple.Thank you in advance of any help given.Paul

2 hours ago, Russer98 said:

Hi hope someone out there can help me ,I’ve just bought a 2014 A3 and wondered is it possible to get the sat nav to work.The car has the MMI and is fitted with 2 sd slots and a dvd slot but it didn’t come with an sd card or dvd .So is there a relatively inexpensive way to get sat nav working or would I need to go through an Audi dealer.Ive seen sat nav sd cards and dvds for sale on eBay but would it be that simple.Thank you in advance of any help given.Paul

Hiya 

My car has sd slots and dvd but was told by Audi my car sat nav only works from dvd, I assume the sd slots are for music files or something. Anyway I brought a 2019 map dvd from this website and it works a charm with no issues. Cost £19.99. 

https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/audi-10-c.asp

It may be of use to you.

Good luck!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi sorry not been on the forum so I've only just seen your question.

No I didn't have any luck with sat nav so I've give up and just use my phones navigation.Hope you have more luck! Please let me know if you do 

I'm afraid it's a trip to the dealer then.. Seen on an audi forum in Romania a guy claims to be able to activate ur sat nav thru the 2 sd slots.. His names Benyclaudiu, he seems to know wot he's talking about tho n quite a few folk have used his services so mite b worth calling him. His fone number is on there