HELP PLEASE

Byron84

So I’ve had a few problems with my Audi A4 B8 2008 3.0TDI Quattro which I decided to tackle this weekend but have been left very frustrated.

The first problem I need help with is my headlights they no longer move up or down and are stuck in the low position and can’t see much as they pointing at the floor, so I checked the sensor on the front passenger side suspension and the arm has snapped, I took it off yesterday to get the part number which I have now ordered but I’m also getting a message on the computer cluster saying Headlight range control defective so I connected my computer up and it says the module has gone part number 8K0907357B plus when I move the arm up or down on the suspension the lights do not move with the arm, checked the internet for the location of the module and can’t find nothing but the B6 and B7 models which is behind the glove box so I took a punt that mine was there and to my surprise it wasn’t so does anyone know where this is located so I can change that?

My second problem is my MMI system the whole system will switch off after about a minute for about 5 seconds then come back on, the screen stays on but everything else freezes ie parking sensors, sat nav, Bluetooth, phone, radio, CD player everything basically then comes back on. I hooked my computer up to the car and it says it’s the interface box part number 8T0035729N. When I put the part number into eBay it says it’s the MMI multimedia interface control module again can’t find any info on the internet where this is located, I’ve done a forced reset but the problem still persists. I’ve checked the boot where the sat nav and amp is located and it’s not there I’ve checked behind the glove box and only the Bluetooth and iPod modules are kept there so haven’t a clue where that is located. I was thinking about purchasing a MOST fiber optical loop bypass and then was going to bypass the interface control module to make sure it was the module as I’ve seen they are expensive and not sure how accurate my computer is.

I’ve spent most of my day trying to find both modules and have been left frustrated so any help on either would be appreciated so I can check them out tomorrow, I’ve never signed up to forums before as I’ve always found what I’m looking for on the internet but spent hours on these and have given up now.

Thanks buys,

byron 

• 9 months later...

Hi

I am having the same problem of locating the headlight leveling module.

Have tried looking behind glove box-no joy also looked on other side i.e. drivers side (only 3 bolts!) again I could not see it. 

Any advice will be grateful.