2010 8P DSG gearbox problems, any idea?

jakearmitage

Hello! Thanx for reading, I have some trouble with my A3 8P.

All symtoms have been present probably for almost 3 years now (I drive the car daily, about 15000 km per year), except the flashing gear indicator problem, that started just now.

It's reaching 140 000 km at the moment. A3, 2010 model, 1.4T (gas), 7 speed DSG.

• In the mornings, when cold, when hitting 5th and up to 7th gear @ 50 km/h and up, while cruising, the car revvs itself up about 150RPMs every 4th second. It only happens when the gas is pushed. If I let it go, the autorevving stops but continues as soon as the gas is held down. This does not however happen every day, but most days.
  • Sometimes, when from standstill to rolling off, I've been start n stopping, (for example I've stopped the car for a pedestrian, then right after hitting the gas a tad, I make a sudden break for a cyclist coming, AFTER that when I push the gas again, the car chugs, as if a gap prevents it to connect to the powertrain. You hear a lite chug and feel a slight jerk, but then right after it "connects" and drives off. Right at the chug, the motorlamp lights up. However, it turns off after 2 or 3 restarts. The car behaves the same whether the light is on or off afterwards. The exact same thing can happen when rolling off (from stand still) uphill.
  • Almost the same thing happens, when from standstill, if I'm too aggressive with the gas, it might not "connect" and engine light turns on. However, it never happens if I let the car drive off itself by releasing the break.
  • When creeping, with a lot of start/stops, for example standing in a McD Drive through, after a couple of gasings and breakings, the gear indicator starts flashing. However, the car behaves totally normally the whole time. It stops as soon as I turn it off and remains steady until I get into a new stop n go situation.
  • The error codes extracted form the car are (P175D clutch 1 opening unwantedly (sporadic) and P0016 (Row 1, camshaft sensor, faulty adaptation) (sporadic). These were extracted last summer. I have not done an extraction yet, I'm going to a workshop this week to do a new reading.

Any idea what the problem might be? Reason I'm asking is if anyone knows if a total regeneration of the gearbox is needed, or might this just be the mechantronics unit fault, perhaps just changing the clutch is sufficient?

Thanks for reading and any help appreciated!