sq5 Nav and more

Charlie2

Hi guys just wanting some advice etc. I have a 2015 sq5 but it hasn't got sat nav or the usual mmi interface.  Is there any way I can get these eg software upgrades etc?

Also looking for recommendations for upgrades and just customising the vehicle.  What would you recommend in getting done if anything?

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking about this to a Mate last week who has a Q7, and he recommended these guys for that sort of thing. i gave them a ring for advice and they were really helpful. A bit far from you but worth a chat.

https://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Audi SatNav. A good TomTom will probably cost a lot less than a retro fit upgrade and will give you far more info. I'm just  about to pick up a 2014 S line Quattro, and it has all the bells and whistles, but the Audi SatNav(along with the rest of VAG) doesn't even give you speed. Probably because they don't want you to know you're travelling 10% slower than indicated by the speedo.

Just taken delivery of an Audi Q5e Hybrid. Well impressed with the car and have the myAudi app setup on my iPhone and linked to the car  

Came to charge the car for the first time last night (Saturday 23/11/19) and there was, and still is, a message on the app ‘Vehicle is not ready for charging’. It does not appear on the MMI of the Q5e which I have searched carefully. Hybrid battery is shown at 3% on the app.   Am presently using the Q5e in Battery Hold Mode.

Needless to say, although I connected the charger supplied with the Q5e, it did not charge overnight. Can find nothing in the online manual about this message. 

OK a couple of answers to cover. 1st thanks to MASH for you response I can see your point plus google maps is normally more up to date with traffic etc, the only downside is that it doesn't add value to the vehicle nor does it look as flush. 

as for Barryg's response mine is the opposite of yours lol yours is a hybrid and lines the earth eater 3.0L diesel 313bhp. im sorry but I can't help with your thread nor questions but I hope one of the other member can better help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Barry, did you get your charging issue sorted? My Q5e just charges when I plug it in or when I set the timer in the App. There are two buttons by the mains connector. If you press the bottom one it should charge immediately. The top one sets it to charge on the timer. Like you, I just got my car and am well impressed. My previous was a Golf GTE so same type of setup but a different car. I am averaging 81 mpg right now, but of course that doesn't factor in the cost of the electric. However it is about a third the cost of petrol so should be good.

Bob