HVAC issues

QuattroMark

Had my A6 C6 3.2 FSI quattro for around 6 months now - had a few minor issues along the way....but generally all good.

My latest issue, probably something to do with a change in the weather - The HOT/COLD controls seem to be all over the place - if I switch from hot to cold it stays hot for around 30 mins then slowly cools down - if i turn the engine off and leave it for 5 mins then turn back on the blower is cold.....however i have noticed that i can't get cold aircon to blow at all, the air is quite tepid- the system is pressurised it just seems that the temperature will not go low enough. 

It seems like none of the flaps are working correctly - I can hear them moving, or at least i can hear the motors running - Is there a way of resetting these?

And most recently i have noticed that during a long drive, after around 2 hrs the car just steams up- to the point where I have to stop! It will be like this for the rest of the drive.....however leave it overnight and the following morning it is ok - I am not loosing water and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of leaking into the car.

ideas anybody?

• 2 years later...

Perhaps your problem is with the cabin temperature sensor. Take it out and clean it with an electric wiper. The sensor is located under the key switch at the bottom of the instrument panel. Good luck.

It's too bad no one was able to answer this question. I have about the same problem. I am mostly annoyed that the air from the HVAC system is either very cold or very hot. I can't find a middle ground between hot and cold. It can be very unfortunate at times. I have to turn on the heating at regular intervals on cold days to avoid getting fried inside the cabin. I've asked a lot of car enthusiasts I know. None of them could help me. My last hope is a car mechanic friend who took a special HVAC course at https://www.hvacschools411.com/by-state/. I tried many options, even replaced the AC amplifier, which was quite expensive.
Anyway, you asked about it in 2019. Were you able to solve the problem?

Edited by maryrick