New to me car, new to Audi Connect.

Stevex

Hello to all, I recently replaced my 2012 A3 1.6 TDI with a 2017 A3 1.5 TFSI.

I've decided to get Audi Connect working and have installed a Three sim card which has connected and is working.

However when I go into Connect (Navigation / Information etc), all the headings display licence expired.

I have the following questions to start with please...

I have the MyAudi app and have linked it with the MMI in the car; does the car and phone need to be continually linked for Connect to work? I expected Connect to be a stand alone via the cars 3G data aerial. Does Bluetooth need enabling for Connect services or is it purely to make phone calls via the car?

I thought that with my own sim card installed, as opposed to the embedded card, that all the services should work i.e. not display 'expired'.

I sent an email to Audi customer services uk (German email address!) asking them for advice and got a quick reply saying they are renewing my licence for 12 months!

Does this mean I need the licence even when using my own sim card, and/or do I need to remove my sim card so the embedded sim 'takes over'?

Seems a complicated set up to me or maybe I just need to get used to it.

Any advice gratefully received, cheers.

Hi, Audi connect is stand alone and once Audi issue a new license you will be able to access online services, and best of all be able to overlay google maps to the navigation.

They have renewed mine for free for 3 years now.

Enjoy.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...