2007 Audi A4 cab rear passenger side footwell wet?

Amsterdam122
聽Share

Hi Ive recently discovered a nice wet patch in the rear passenger side carpet that just wont go. After doing some googling it seems it might be the drain blocked under the battery. Can anyone confirm this or know any other possible reasons it it wet. If it is the blocked drains under the battery why does it only affect the rear passenger footwell?

thanks in advance 馃檪

• 1 year later...

Hi聽

I had the same problem last year, the car was parked up on the drive,聽front facing. I thought it was the holes under the battery that was blocked, it turns out I鈥檇 not put the plastic panel back on properly after charging the聽battery.the rain聽water had run down the windscreen, down the vents where the wipers are聽and into the car. The passenger聽footwell was dry to touch, but underneath it was soaking. This took out the 聽comfort control module which is聽under the carpet in the passenger side.

what ever you do make sure this is protected and not getting wet.聽they are expensive and can be hard聽to find,聽especially聽one with the same coding.

What I found when I took the passenger seat聽out and lifted聽the carpet, it聽has a foam backing and water was able to run quite easy聽to the rear passenger footwell. Their are drain holes in the rear passenger footwell, but the water wasn鈥檛 escaping on mine.

I took 3 buckets聽of water out of the back of mine,聽before lifting the carpet up. The floor pan is also profiled which also doesn鈥檛 help as this also channel water.

the amount of water held in the foam under the carpet is聽unbelievable. You think you may have got it all out, but it keeps coming back.

Suggestion:

check the two drain holes聽under the battery.聽make sure聽long black panel you have to taken聽out is fitted back into the groove properly when聽you put it back

I also suggest to taking聽out the seat and squeeze all the excess water out of the foam on the back聽of聽the carpet. Water will slosh underneath the carpet while you are driving.

check the CCM in the passenger footwell isn鈥檛 wet, this control, electric windows, central locking, alarm, internal lights