2007 Audi A4 cab rear passenger side footwell wet?

Amsterdam122

Hi Ive recently discovered a nice wet patch in the rear passenger side carpet that just wont go. After doing some googling it seems it might be the drain blocked under the battery. Can anyone confirm this or know any other possible reasons it it wet. If it is the blocked drains under the battery why does it only affect the rear passenger footwell?

thanks in advance 🙂

• 1 year later...

Hi 

I had the same problem last year, the car was parked up on the drive, front facing. I thought it was the holes under the battery that was blocked, it turns out I’d not put the plastic panel back on properly after charging the battery.the rain water had run down the windscreen, down the vents where the wipers are and into the car. The passenger footwell was dry to touch, but underneath it was soaking. This took out the  comfort control module which is under the carpet in the passenger side.

what ever you do make sure this is protected and not getting wet. they are expensive and can be hard to find, especially one with the same coding.

What I found when I took the passenger seat out and lifted the carpet, it has a foam backing and water was able to run quite easy to the rear passenger footwell. Their are drain holes in the rear passenger footwell, but the water wasn’t escaping on mine.

I took 3 buckets of water out of the back of mine, before lifting the carpet up. The floor pan is also profiled which also doesn’t help as this also channel water.

the amount of water held in the foam under the carpet is unbelievable. You think you may have got it all out, but it keeps coming back.

Suggestion:

check the two drain holes under the battery. make sure long black panel you have to taken out is fitted back into the groove properly when you put it back

I also suggest to taking out the seat and squeeze all the excess water out of the foam on the back of the carpet. Water will slosh underneath the carpet while you are driving.

check the CCM in the passenger footwell isn’t wet, this control, electric windows, central locking, alarm, internal lights