Stopping power??

E14 Moh

Just gotta a4 2.0tfsi auto b7. Very nice smooth & pulls wicked in sports mode. Wanted to upgrade for a better stopping power. Any idea's that are not too expensive. Thanks

Hi

It depends on whether you will be taking it on track or just 'fast' road use.

In the past my first point of call has been replacing the brake fluid with something with a higher boiling point and then a set of braided brake hoses which in most cases improves the brake feel.

After that the next stage would be upgraded brake pads and discs. My personal choice on a few of my cars has been the Ferrodo DS range. There is a lot of internet debate on changing pads and discs at the same time, but if you are watching the budget you can just change the pads as long as your discs are in good shape.

In the past with my old track cars i have also had brake discs 'skimmed' which is cost effective BUT don't compromise on safety!

The last stage would be to upgrade the calipers and discs, but this is generally quite costly depending on what you go for.