EPC and Check engine light on (Again)

ryanpg

So this time I have a turbo issue with the car, scanned it and the codes P2526 and P334B come up, had a look at what they are and 'turbocharger boost control position sensor 'A' circuit' and 'Charge pressure actuator mechanical function'. was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their TFSI A3 and how they went about fixing it? it is a 2014 but only got like 33000 miles on it so I don't really want to change the whole turbo unless I have to cuz it is still relatively new? has anyone got any advice ? much appreciated! 

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/30/2020 at 12:42 PM, ryanpg said:

So this time I have a turbo issue with the car, scanned it and the codes P2526 and P334B come up, had a look at what they are and 'turbocharger boost control position sensor 'A' circuit' and 'Charge pressure actuator mechanical function'. was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their TFSI A3 and how they went about fixing it? it is a 2014 but only got like 33000 miles on it so I don't really want to change the whole turbo unless I have to cuz it is still relatively new? has anyone got any advice ? much appreciated! 

The P334B fault code is a common known problem with the TFSi engine for VW and Audi, my 2015 1.4A3 had this fault in December with just 27k on the clock.  The charge pressure rod sticks and needs to be replaced.  Mine was done under an extended warranty so at no cost, I'm told the bill would have been around £400, if it can't be removed and the whole turbo needs changing ( the garage did get the whole system in just in case) it would be about £1500.  Google the fault code and you'll find a lot of details on various forums.  VAG have issued a service bulletin on this problem, so they know it's an issue. 

I did end up buying the 70 plate A3 Sport, with the technology pack, that they lent me when mine was being repaired though.

Thank you v much for the reply! I went to the dealership and they said the exact same as you, luckily I have had the work done on my car already and they replaced the whole actuator which did cost around £400. However, for some reason the dealership thought that charging the battery would get rid of the issue? obviously it didn't haha!  

a very good choice of car, cheers once again mate

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi, does this issue triggers engine light to turn on?

I have an Audi A3 2016 with 60K miles on it. And I changed the spark plugs to NGK platinum. And after a day EPC light came on. It resets when I turn the ignition off and start the engine again. But comes on after a while of driving it. But If I drive it for quite around 50 miles then engine light comes on with it as well and it shows start/stop system failure on the display. However one of the local garage told me its because of the turbo.

Edited by ImranA