Weird Whining Noise Coming from the ?Gearbox - PLEASE HELP!

dollarrich

Hello Everyone!

This is my first time posting and I wanted to ask for your help/advice regarding a problem with my partners' automatic 2013 A1 (1.4 TFSi Sport Sportback S-Tronic)

We bought it from Cargiant in July 2018 with 26k on the clock. It now has 34.5k.

It has passed all MOTs with no advisories. Last Service done in 2019.

A few months ago, we noticed this odd whining noise which sounds like its a problem with the gearbox. The whining sound is only there when driving and shifting in the low gears (1-2/3), <20-25mph. Once you speed beyond that and shift into the higher gears, the sound goes away completely. The car still drives okay although the the gears are a bit more delayed in changing. Also, the sound seems to be getting louder and louder :(

We don't have any other issues with the car thankfully, its been a nice run-around to have.

We approached Audi last year who told us that it could be related to the gearbox but they would charge £1000 just to investigate it and then £4000 to replace the gearbox if there was an issue with it. Unfortunately we don't have that sort of money at the moment esp since things have been rough over the past year with lockdown and work.

I was wondering if anyone has had an issue like this with their Audi before in the past? I've attached some videos for you to have a listen to for yourselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA4wSHdFoIU    (I apologise for the rattling keys).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCf-BH6kBeo

Hope you are well safe and well!