Wiring loom

Dambi53

Hello Damian,

In terms of the least number of words:- either a main dealer ( if available as a separate section) or a breakers. If the latter - try the online breaker link sites. 
Your harness not repairable? 
Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Cheers Gareth

I've got one thick broken brown /red wire that goes to the window motor plug I've managed to do a temp repair but it's so near the connector below the A frame it's difficult to do , So by the time I've messed with it perhaps it would be just as easy putting a new loom in the door , I've seen some on the bay cheap but how long before I have the problem again  fitting a second hand one

Thanks Damian, 

I could be wrong, but I doubt if there is going to be any ‘aftermarket’ suppliers for this, so I guess it’s a question of either paying Audi prices for new, or ‘taking a chance’ on a secondhand one. 
If the main dealer price is not too frightening, then it may be possible to get a bit of discount to bring the new price down. 
Another thought:- secondhand and potential problems? Do you know if these are handed? If not, how about opting for a passenger side one, since that it likely to have sustained less use than the driver’s side one? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Gareth , I think they are handed as the driver's door side operates the main window switches so I presume it has more wires than passenger side in the loom but im not 100% sure , what I'm thinking is buy second hand one fit it  and then repair my old one and keep till needed 😉

• Like 1