Intermittent MMI fault Audi A7 2011

Hi all,

New to forums and also the new owner of a 2011 A7 3.0TDI (245) S-Line :) 

Since picking the car up the other day i have noticed an intermittent issue with the cars MMI screen/radio. Occasionally the screen will reboot, so will go black screen then immediately back to the Audi MMI logo, then after a few seconds the screen returns to normal and the radio continues playing. The MMI doesn't seem to lose any of its settings ect when it reboots, just a blip then carries on as normal. It seems to be a very intermittent fault, and only happens once or twice every few days. I have searched loads of other forums for an answer but can't seem to put my finger on it. All of the MMI stuff works fine bar the Sat Nav which i assume needs a media update as the GPS doesn't seem to locate itself properly.

Also worth noting is the only times it has happened so far are when i've left an FM tuner in the 12v socket with the car off (Car does not have Bluetooth music streaming capability, so this is my workaround). Could it possibly be a power related issue? Maybe this is drawing power whilst the car is off? I tested the voltage of the battery and it was showing around 12.3/12.4 volts with the engine off, increasing to around 13.7v with the engine running. This seemed ok to me, especially seeing the car had been sitting on the dealers forecourt for a while.

Just wondering if anyone else in the UK with an A7 has had this issue and if so what the outcome was? I want to try and get as much information as i can before i have to take it to Audi and pay their £180 initial hour faulting fee!

Thanks in advance,

Jack :)