S4 Running costs

J_acko
聽Share

Hi Guys.聽
聽聽 Thinking of replacing my B8 Avant 3.0 TDI 聽for a S4 Avant, just wanted some general opinions on running costs, what to expect and what to look out for when buying. Was looking for a post face lifted B8.5 Avant聽

thanks 馃憣

4 hours ago, J_acko said:

Hi Guys.聽
聽聽 Thinking of replacing my B8 Avant 3.0 TDI 聽for a S4 Avant, just wanted some general opinions on running costs, what to expect and what to look out for when buying. Was looking for a post face lifted B8.5 Avant聽

thanks 馃憣

Coming from a Jaguar XF where everything seems I be badly designed and takes an age to do, it was a relief to see that things such as the supercharger in the S4 can be removed in less than 20 mins!

I looked at a lot of maintenance tasks before buying and a lot of it seems very straightforward, including the DSG fluid when compared to the ZF8 in the Jag. I was warned by a local indy engineer to make sure you keep on top of servicing to ensure smooth running, which is why I was rather angry to discover that, like many other manufacturers, Audi main dealer servicing is a joke and their attitude towards such business practices took me by surprise.聽

Drawing from my recent experience, if the car you are looking at has a main dealer fsh then make sure you call every dealership to see what was actually done because apparently they can just do an oil change and ignore the rest of the schedule, yet it will still be registered as serviced. It's very deceptive.聽

I've just bought an S4 B8.5 Avant and it's an epic car. Ticks all the boxes from performance to practicality and I'm hoping to keep this car for a long time even if it means putting some decent money into it because hopefully it will continue to reward. Turns heads, and sounds good even with the soundakator thingy fuse removed.聽

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, ninjag said:

Coming from a Jaguar XF where everything seems I be badly designed and takes an age to do, it was a relief to see that things such as the supercharger in the S4 can be removed in less than 20 mins!

I looked at a lot of maintenance tasks before buying and a lot of it seems very straightforward, including the DSG fluid when compared to the ZF8 in the Jag. I was warned by a local indy engineer to make sure you keep on top of servicing to ensure smooth running, which is why I was rather angry to discover that, like many other manufacturers, Audi main dealer servicing is a joke and their attitude towards such business practices took me by surprise.聽

Drawing from my recent experience, if the car you are looking at has a main dealer fsh then make sure you call every dealership to see what was actually done because apparently they can just do an oil change and ignore the rest of the schedule, yet it will still be registered as serviced. It's very deceptive.聽

I've just bought an S4 B8.5 Avant and it's an epic car. Ticks all the boxes from performance to practicality and I'm hoping to keep this car for a long time even if it means putting some decent money into it because hopefully it will continue to reward. Turns heads, and sounds good even with the soundakator thingy fuse removed.聽聽png to ico

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the answers.

Edited by suzanmorey